The blog combining two passions most people could give a rat's ass about.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

ARMORsWARmS part 3 of 3

I have more Beetles in mind but these were the last three I drew before I got it out of my system so I could go back to my 'real work' (though it all pays the same, not at all). For late comers this series of sketches is based on the armored adventurer Abe Jenkins who most notoriously went by the name The Beetle, but also the jet themed hero MACH 1 through MACH 5.
 On the LEFT
Flanged bombardier beetles can shoot boiling hot fluid, this made them a natural choice for this project. I was thinking of making some kind of long range energy weapon for this design but I didn't include it in the drawing because I was also playing with the idea of him having a few dozen drones.  The armor has many design elements from MACH 1. I thought the blister beetle from my sketch looks a little like a skull (it's upside down so crane your neck to see it). Somehow making the skull motif in the mask made him look something like Iron Man
 On the RIGHT
The blister beetle is actually range of beetles that excrete a nasty burning chemical. I took the giant butt of the bug and made it a tank for his primary weapon that squirts some acidic sludge.

On the LEFT and RIGHT
When I got stuck on the other designs I drew these to that are basically just studies of the MACH 1 (Left) and MACH 2 (right) armors. I did try to insect them up a little espeacially the MACH 1. I also put different forearm blasters on MACH 1 because he is supposed to be based on the fire fly, so I wanted to have a few elements that could glow

No comments:

Post a Comment