The blog combining two passions most people could give a rat's ass about.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Vacation Post

I'm on vacation so posting will be a little more sporatic than it's been (though Dungeon Crawlers will update automatically at crawlers.thecomicseries.com on Tuesday and Thursday) and I'm going to be a little less informed than normally. This is a good time to share my most closely watched news outlets.

MSNBC
This is the default channel in my house though I no longer go out of my way to watch a specific program. I am amused by rivalries and their whole thing with Fox news keeps me entertained as well as informed. I would still recommend the Dylan Ratigan show, but the others seem to be cheerleaders for Democrats, even while criticizing them.

Democracy Now!
This show is great for finding out about stories that fall through the cracks but the bias is so strong on this show I have to be in a certain mood to watch it. Take everything with a grain of salt because if the hosts agree with a guest they can say nothing wrong and if they disagree they can say virtually nothing right.

Talk of the Nation


This American Life
Documentary radio show that is very comprehensive when it's about current affairs. It's very often not though. Many times the show is just about interesting things or even feature readings of short fiction.

Frontline
I have yet to be disappointed in this documentary series. Well researched, comprehensive and well balanced.

The Daily Show/Colbert Report
These are actually great shows to watch to be informed because they show the footage other outlets will ommit in fear of looking bias.

Real Time with Bill Maher
Funny and informative but I don't get to watch it anymore until I can afford HBO

Penn & Teller's Bullshit
Great Libertarian spin on current events, though I occationally yell at the TV when watching (example: in the Wal-mart episode I was very mad that they were depicting Rogers Park as an upscale rich people neighborhood).

No comments:

Post a Comment