The blog combining two passions most people could give a rat's ass about.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Revisions

I have updated two sections of my political site. The first is the Farms section. I cropped the little bit where I made fun of Republicans for wearing cowboy hats and Democrats for rolling up their sleeves. I took this out because the way the joke was written it said "if i was a democrat" and I didn't want to confuse people about whether I decided what party to go into or not. Also the joke just never worked. Never happy with it
 http://www.nilvsdcbs.com/farms.html

The second revision is to the gun control section. The art is nearly identical I just changed the wording. Before I was concerned with protecting the Second Amendment and wasn't thinking about bazookas and inner city crime. The new version makes it a little clearer that I am open to certification but not bans on weapons. http://www.nilvsdcbs.com/guncontrol.html

I have made some edits to the issues page as well. Last time around I said I was against taxpayer money being spent on abortions. I took that off because in the current debate that implies I want to de-fund Planned Parenthood. I also changed my tax position description. I still like the idea of a consumption tax but my main concern is a simplification of tax code.
One of the problems with my candidacy is that I have ambitions that far exceed my office. As a member of congress I will only be able to nudge my agenda in the right direction. That is why I now have an issues and a vision section of the site. Issues will describe what I will work on in my first term or two and Vision will describe where I hope to see the country in the coming decades...

No comments:

Post a Comment