The blog combining two passions most people could give a rat's ass about.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years

I've come around on New Years resolutions. I didn't think much of them but my wife seems to have convinced me they are important. I don't remember what she said so I'm assuming she was naked when she won me over.
I always try to keep a little log of how much drawing I do every year with the goal of drawing at least two pictures/comic panels a day. But this year in addition to that I will attempt the following:

Finish Ron Paul's A Foreign Policy of Freedom; Peace, Commerce, and Honest Friendship
I've been borrowing this book from my grandpa since before Ron Paul was a household name. Because each section is so short I've been using it as a bathroom reader. The main problem is I am a slow reader but a fast pooper so I'm only about halfway through it. I'm sure at least one of the kids will recollect as an adult how I "always coming out of the bathroom ranting about how fucked up our political system is".

Finish drawing Crawlers
...Or at least what I have planned for Crawlers. Right now there are only supposed to be four or five chapters. Though I already have one intermission planned...

Publish MENTAL
In either 2008 or '09 I finished the first book of MENTAL. I have to go in and fix the links but more than that I need to get it in book form even if it is only Print-On-Demand. I would also like to get it on the Kindle.
If you noticed that I said 'the first book' and are wondering "Are there more books coming". I would have to say "Scott, did you call grandpa it's his birthday" and "maybe, eventually".

Publish NILvsDCbs
I'd like to put all my political comics and press releases from my 2010 into some form of print and donate copies to the local libraries if they'll take them.

Lose weight
I want to get back below 200. Before going to Chicago for Thanksgiving and my wife's bake-o-thon I was around 206 (though the Wii may say differently if I bother to check)

TBA
Around my birthday (in the spring) I'll say my final resolution because there is more than one way to start a new year

No comments:

Post a Comment