The blog combining two passions most people could give a rat's ass about.

Friday, July 29, 2011

letter to the editor

I am running for Congress in Missouri's 7th district as a Democrat. I am hearing a lot of snide remarks about the current occupant of that seat about his lack of professionalism, appearance, intelligence, tact, morality, and his profession doesn't seem to lend him any actual expertise.
I don't approve of any of these criticisms. Part of the reason is because many (if not all) of these kind of things can be said about me. But I also don't think it serves any kind of purpose. Judging an elected official on petty things only appeals to those that already don't like that person.
Instead I would encourage people to ask of my/their representative: Are you worth the $150,000 salary and the additional $200,000 to run your office? What are you actually doing to earn that money? 
Obviously I think I know what answer they'll get or I wouldn't be running when he is presumed to seek re-election (he's been dodgy on what he thinks is too long i office). My representative isn't big on introducing legislation or town halls. He does encourage people to schedule appointments with him. But it's a little hard to take seriously when those meetings are all off the record.

Nicholas Ivan Ladendorf
http://www.electladendorf.us

No comments:

Post a Comment