The blog combining two passions most people could give a rat's ass about.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Primary Victory

It's time to dust off the blog again. I need to take it a lot less seriously. Use it more like a journal. And stop half writing articles then putting them to the side unfinished.
This'll mean more gaffes and such but I just need to start putting words on the page. Maybe I'll even implement a word limit. because part of the problem before was that every essay would grow and grow on me and halfway through would feel like something I wrote before. Then I'd spend twenty minutes seeing if that's the case and then I'd check my facebook- eventually I'd just loose interest.

The reason for all of this of course is that I won my primary victory against Richard Buchli. This means a lot of things but primarily that I have a lot of work to do. My new opponent had three times as many votes as Mr. Buchli and I combined.

This is in part because so many Democrats voted on the other ticket to influence the Senatorial race. One Dem told me he had to wash his hands afterward, but I guess he really didn't want Steelman in there.

But even if there were a couple thousand Dems out there that will be voting for me in November it is a slight blow to my ego because I was really hoping to get out the 75% of the voters who were not expected to vote . 
I suppose it is possible that majority of the regular Dem voters showed up for Buchli but pulling in a couple hundred new voters swayed things into my favor- but that is an unlikely scenario.

Even if that is the case I will need to get all the Dem voters and pull in an unusual amount of independents and non voters.

The plan hasn't really changed but now I can see how steep the challenge will be.

Still processing. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment